The Woods would like to express our gratitude for having you as a resident. We appreciate everyone’s cooperation in following Millikin’s Campus Safety Plan for COVID-19 guidelines.
Below is important information that will help ensure that your apartment remains well-maintained if you are planning on leaving for Thanksgiving or Winter Break. Please remember, you are more than welcome to complete the Fall Semester remotely from your Woods apartment and will have full access to your apartment at all times during all breaks.
ALL WOODS RESIDENTS: Please complete the required housing survey informing the University of your housing plans for the remainder of the Fall Semster. *Note: Woods residents do NOT need approval to stay on-campus. Follow this link: https://millikin.edu/webform/thanksgiving-winter-break-plans
Going Away For Thanksgiving/Winter Break?
We ask all residents to take certain precautions to ensure the safety and security of your apartment:
- NEVER TURN HEAT BELOW 65 DEGREES. Turning heat below this temperature, or off, can result in pipes freezing and bursting. (Residents are responsible for the costs associated with damages to their apartments and other apartments).
- Unplug electronics (NOT refrigerator)
- Open cabinet doors underneath kitchen and bathroom sinks
- Remove trash and all perishable food
- Lock all doors and windows (Deadbolt front door).
- Close all blinds and drapes
- Check mailbox before leaving for any recent utility bills, RESIDENTS ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR ALL UTILITY BILLS DURING SCHOOL BREAKS
- Make sure vehicles are in designated areas and are locked
Do you graduate in December of 2020 or are you a departing international student?
If you have signed a Fall Only lease with a lease ending date of 12/18/20, we will be performing move-out inspections on that Friday, December 18, 2020. Move-out instructions will be sent directly to you via email and text message prior to December.
Please contact us if you have any questions or need any assistance with the items listed above.
We hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and Winter Break!
The Woods at Millikin