It’s almost time to start packing again as the Fall semester comes to an end. If you are moving out at the end of Fall Semester, your lease expires December 17, 2021. It has been a pleasure serving you this semester and we look forward to making your move-out as smooth as possible! Please read the following information carefully:
Steps to take…
- Communicate with roommates, if you are the only person moving out (and not returning for Spring), you will schedule the move-out appoitment.
- If more than one person is moving out, select a time that works best for everyone.
- Elect one roommate to call the leasing office, on the dates noted below, to schedule a Move-Out Inspection time for our staff to visit your apartment. At this time keys are collected and you are presented with inspection results.
- *** If you are an international student or one of your additonal roommates moving out is international, the departing international flight charter will leave at 8:00 AM Saturday, December 18, 2021. We will perfom your move out inspection when the office re-opens on Monday, December 20, 2021. You do not need to schedule an appointment if you have or are an international student moving out. All items must be out of the apartment by 8:00 AM on 12/18/21.
Wednesday, December 1st & Thursday, December 2st: Please call the Woods leasing office at (217) 464-8635 between 9:00 AM & 5:00 PM to schedule your Move-Out Inspection. Remember, only one inspection will be scheduled per apartment. Please designate one roommate to schedule the appointment time.
Friday 12/17/2021 First Slot: 8:00 AM Last Slot: 3:00 PM Only 1 appointment per apartment. (Keys will be collected and placed in envelope provided by us.)
* Your lease ends Friday, December 17th
**Move-out inspections take 15-30 minutes and all personal belongings must be out of apartment during this appointment time.
December 3, 2021: The Woods will assign a time for any apartments which did not schedule a move-out inspection.
How do I prepare my apartment for inspection? Below you will find a move-out preparation checklist with instructions, what our inspectors will look for, costs for damages, cleaning etc. The costs have been edited based on bedroom inspections only, as most apartment will have roommates remaining for the Spring semester.